“New Year Resolutions” are not for me.

2017? That doesn’t even sound right. Let’s all prepare to continue writing ‘2016’ on every document and correct it to the current year for the next 6 months. 2016 was absolutely amazing! I made forever friends, failed / learned more than I could ever imagine, moved to another city, started a new job, traveled, ate a lot of chocolate!

So let’s talk New Year Resolutions… I totally support you if you are someone who documents goals at the beginning of the year to help motivate you and hold you accountable throughout the year. In fact, it’s admirable.  Personally, I have never been one to sit down on December 31st and write out my resolutions and I’ll tell you why.  2 years ago my partner and I sat down and wrote our resolutions together.

We got everything down and taped it on the fridge to keep everything on track. This was the worst thing I could have done. All it did was stress me out!!!! I didn’t feel motivated, I felt pressured. I would come home and see my goal to lose a few pounds and beat myself up if I didn’t work out every day. That’s not fair to me. I try to work out 3-4 times a week to keep my heart healthy and maybe add a few days to my lifespan.

I shouldn’t feel bad if I’m not working out every day when I get home from a work day.  I am the type of person that is constantly setting personal goals, small and large throughout the year. I keep a notebook with me for when I think of new ideas to try. A new year is simply another day on the calendar for me. I’m all about going for the gold the minute you set your mind on it. Don’t wait for tomorrow, next week, or next year. Do it now!

A couple of days ago, I had the unsettling realization that time is FLYING by! When you’re young and you set goals you always have the excuse of “I have plenty of time”. Now that I’m getting older I keep telling myself that today is the day to go for it. I don’t ever want to live a day that I don’t love what I do, professionally and recreational.

Of course, I am realistic and understand that we all have bad days and not every day is rainbows and butterflies but I can dream, right? What are you goals? Put them out to the universe, pray about it, and work your butt off until you get there. That’s my plan. I have BIG dreams and sometimes I think, “eh, it’ll never happen for me”. But every single person that has met their goal has thought that same thing. So if you’re goal is to start reading more– start today! Wanna get in shape? Work out tonight. Don’t wait until tomorrow.

I am so excited for all that 2017 holds. I’ve said it 100 times, but I’ll say it again…2017 is MY YEAR! I am determined to make it my year. Nothing but good vibes for the future.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

Popular Posts